Last Updated: 01/05/2018
At Back in Motion, we collect different types of information about our users for four main reasons:
1. To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
2. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
3. To inform current clients of forthcoming appointments.
4. If we have permission from the user, to educate subscribers on health related matters and market to them.
There may be other privacy policies that apply to certain services we provide. Please read these when you register or subscribe for these services on these sites.
1. We do our very best to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means we make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information; and we make sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
2. We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from us and, if you agree, from other organisations we have carefully chosen. We will make sure it is clear when you can make these choices, for example, we have boxes you need to tick if you want to receive marketing. However, we may email you occasionally with information or questions about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
3. We will collect and use individual user details only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to manage subscriptions.
4. We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
5. We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
6. If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under UK law) being in place.
How we use your information
What information do we collect?
We collect information on you:
- when you register in clinic, via phone or via the website or social media
- when you use the website - through cookies
if you choose to reveal information in postings on our facebook page
when you enter sales promotions.
Certain services that we provide may involve us collecting extra information such as where you are, so the service can be provided in the clinic closest to you. This may also apply to certain apps that you download, or which we provide.
The minimum information we need to register you is your name, email address and a contact telephone number and date of birth. We will ask you more questions in clinic as we have to gain this information so when contacting your GP or other medical professional this can facilitate communication and keep in contact regarding your medical condition and progression to the point of discharge. Unless we say otherwise, you have to answer all the registration questions.
We may also ask some other, voluntary questions during registration for certain services (for example, how you heard about us and what outcome you would like to achieve) so we can gain a clearer understanding of what you would like to achieve from consulting with us. This also allows us to personalise services for you. After you have registered, we may send you emails we think may interest you. At any time you can decide not to receive these emails and will be able to 'unsubscribe'.
Logging in using social networking credentials
If you log-in to our sites using a Google log-in, you grant permission to Google to share your user details with us. This will include your name, email address, date of birth, sex and location which we will then use to form a Back in Motion identity. You may use your picture from Google as part of your profile. This also allows us to share your networks and any other information you choose to share according to your Google account settings. If you remove Back in Motion from your Google settings, we will no longer have access to this information. If you log-in to our sites using a twitter log-in, we receive your avatar (the small picture that appears next to your tweets) and twitter username.
Updating your personal information
Who we share data with
Depending on where you live, your personal information may be shared with the Back in Motion group of companies that are based in the UK.
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. If we have your permission, we will share your information only with other organisations we have chosen carefully.
We can access and release personal information to keep to relevant laws and government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both us and our users.
Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and keep to data-protection and privacy laws which apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards. We may use service providers to help us run these sites (or services available on the sites), some of whom may be based outside the EEA.
Some of our webpages use plug-ins from other organisations (such as the 'Facebook Recommend' function). These other organisations may use information about your visit to our websites on their pages. If you browse these pages while still also logged in to your account with us, information they collect may be connected to your account on their site. For more information on how these organisations use information, please read their privacy policies.
Our sites contain links to other websites from which we may earn revenue. Our articles are never influenced by advertisers or affiliates, nor are they written for the purpose of promoting a product, except when clearly branded as a 'sponsored by', 'brought to you by' or 'supported by' to represent sponsored content, advertisement features and foundation funded features respectively.
Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 we have to say who the 'data controller' is for Back in Motion clinics and services provided through our websites. The data controller is the organisation responsible for protecting information and, in our case, is Back in Motion (Franchising) Limited, Ground Floor Windmill Surgery, London Road, Wymondham, NR18 0AF.
If you would like access to or a copy of the personal information we hold about you, or have any questions about how we may use it or to make a complaint, please contact the Data Protection Manager at the address shown above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back in Motion Franchising Ltd
14 to 16 Chalfont Walk
T 0845 4741193